District Focus : Customer Service
Our Mission Statement:
The New Albany-Floyd County School Corporation works together with parents and the community to provide an outstanding education in a safe, nurturing environment where all are challenged to reach their maximum potential as respectful, responsible, contributing members of a diverse society.
Our Corporation recognizes the parents and community as important members of the educational system.
Parents are welcome in the school buildings, and appointments with teachers, counselors or administrators may be scheduled by calling the school. In addition, each school has an active parent organization that works closely with teachers, administrators and students to enhance the quality of education.
A Parent Council, a Community Council, and a Multicultural Advisory Board, consisting of representatives from schools and local community organizations and agencies, meet four times a year to provide an open line of communication to central administrators. These representatives have opportunities to provide suggestions and feedback, impacting major directions and projects of the corporation.
- The purpose of education is to discover, share, and seek mastery of knowledge in the pursuit of personal fulfillment, lifelong learning, and the improvement of humanity.
- Administrators and teachers are knowledgeable about child development, curriculum, instruction, technology, supervision, and management theories; they implement exemplary practices.
- All students are challenged to excel.
- Schools provide a safe and nurturing environment.
- Successful schools are a shared responsibility of students, parents, school corporation, and the community.
- Student success requires active parental involvement, encouragement, and support.
- Effective educational programs require high quality, equitable facilities and appropriate allocation of resources to support each student’s needs.
- Diversity, respected and embraced in our schools, makes us stronger.
- The school corporation promotes innovation, supports and respects all participants, and encourages the development of each individual’s maximum potential.
- The consensus process is an effective model for making joint decisions.