June 30, 2021
A high vaccination rate in the community is a tremendous asset for our schools being able to return to the type of “normal” school experience that many want to see in 21-22. Therefore, we encourage everyone 12 and over to consider getting a vaccine prior to the beginning of this school year.
Below are our Covid mitigation policies for all school activities for the month of July.
- Vaccinations are recommended for all eligible students. Currently, this applies to students age 12 and older.
- Masks are not required for vaccinated students inside school.
- Masks are not required for Preschool.
- The Indiana Department of Health is not mandating but is recommending the use of masks for K-12 students who are not vaccinated.
- Masks are not required outside.
- Masks are required for all School Corporation transportation services (buses). This is a Federal requirement. The requirement applies regardless of vaccination status.
For adults (Employees & Visitors)
- Vaccinations are highly recommended for all adults.
- Masks are not required for vaccinated adults.
- Masking is required for non-vaccinated adults who cannot social distance with students.
- Covid-19 benefit days expired on June 30. Thus, beginning July 1st all employees who require quarantine protocols will be charged sick leave.
Other Covid mitigation protocols remain in place, i.e. social distancing of 3’ in classrooms, students facing in a single direction, promotion of hand hygiene, staying home while sick etc. Contract tracing and quarantine protocols will continue for all identified positive cases of Covid-19.
We will continue to monitor the changing conditions. Back-to-school (August) guidance will be issued as we get closer to that time.
Dr. Brad Snyder