Annual Open Enrollment
November 5 – December 7, 2018
Please see below documents for information regarding benefit offerings effective January 1, 2019.
The annual benefits open enrollment season is here! This letter provides information on the benefit offerings effective January 1, 2019. Additional information is available online at www.nafcs.k12.in.us under Staff Member, then Staff Group Benefits.
- Active Enrollment Required – All eligible employees must go online to enroll or decline coverage. No action on your part will result in dropping your coverage on 1/1/2019.
- Online Enrollment – Benefits enrollment is 100% online. Instructions are enclosed.
- Benefits Enrollment Support Team – Human Resources will be visiting all locations to help you with your enrollment. Please see the enclosed schedule for locations and times.
- Eligibility – requirement have not changed. See your enclosed individual benefits confirmation for details of eligibility and current coverages.
|Type of Coverage||Provider||Premium||Benefit|
|Medical||Humana||4.5%*||No plan coverage changes|
|Prescriptions||Humana||N/A||2019 Formulary changes will apply. Call Humana 800-448-6262 for details.|
|Dental||Delta||1.8%*||No plan coverage changes|
|Vision||Anthem||No change||No plan coverage changes|
|Life/AD&D & Long-Term Disability (LTD)||Cigna||No Change||No plan coverage changes|
|Flexible Spending Account (FSA)||Ameriflex||N/A||Limits set by IRS annually. This is a use or lose program. 2018 funds must be used by March 15, 2019 or funds are forfeited.|
|Cancer, Critical Care & Accident||Colonial Life||Individually Based|
|*Increase in premium applies to the full annual amount. NAFCS contribution will remain unchanged.|
Change in Provider:
|Type of Coverage||NEW Provider||Premium||Benefit|
|Voluntary Term Life/AD&D & Voluntary Short-Term Disability (STD)||Cigna||Individually Based||Cigna will take over your coverage from the previous vendor. You will need to enroll online. Reference your benefits confirmation sheet for coverage amount.|
Questions can be directed to Deena Burks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-542-2123.
How to Enroll
Please CLICK HERE for step by step instructions.
Still have questions? See our Open Enrollment 2019 FAQ.
Below are benefit snapshots of each plan.
Value Add Programs
- Clinical Programs Value Add
- Doctor on Demand Value Add
- EAP Value Add
- Go 365 Value Add
- Humana Mail order Value Add
- Preventive Services Value Add
- Vision Discount Value Add
2018 Summary of Benefits & Coverage
CompDent (Closed Enrollment; you can only make changes on this plan if you are currently enrolled on this plan)
Health Savings Account (HSA) Information
A Health Savings Account is only available if you elect to have the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
To make a change to your HSA contribution fill out 2018 Health Savings Account Election and interoffice/email to Deena Burks.
Flexible Spending/Dependent Care Account (FSA/DCA) Information
We use Ameriflex as our Flexible Spending/Dependent Care Account administrator. Contact Deena Burks for additional information at extension 2123.
Below please find the benefit summary on how the plan works. Anthem is the carrier for this benefit. To find in network providers go to www.anthem.com>find doctors and select Blue View Vision product.
Voluntary Benefits Information
- Group Cancer Brochure
- Group Cancer Level 3 with Additional Benefits
- Group Cancer Level 4 with Additional Benefits
- NAFCS Group Critical Care Brochure
- NAFCS Group Accident Brochure
- Voluntary Benefit Rates
As a NAFCS employee you have the opportunity to contribute to a 403(b). We use Edward Jones Financial Advisers with One America Investment lines. Edward Jones Advisers enroll you and/or make changes to your 403(b) program.